Monday, February 11, 2008

Night Dream

The following is a memory of a poem that Master Ching Hai sung to us during one of our gatherings.

It is a poem that Master wrote in her youthful days.
It is originally in Au lac [vietnamese] and Master explained the meaning to us in English.

We are all mesmerized by the beauty of the poetry :)

Share with you : )

[P.S: As it is a memory, the words in the poem may not be exact, but I still like it :)]
...............

Night Dream

Last Night I dreamt,
Of Bedsheets and pillows,
The fragrance of scandalwood,
Still lingers in the air.

Heartfelt was the time,
With you by my side
Our days are young,
And love was still immense.

Last night I dreamt,
of leaving the red dust,
Light-footed to heaven
Carefree for once.

By the perfumed hillside I roam,
Worry and sorrow no more…


This day I awoke,
back in my old car.
Wheels stuck on a muddy, lonely path.
Dark clouds gathered,
Rain poured miserably.

Inviting the sweet dreams,
Exquisite visions,
To return.

……

Oh, my Daring, my Beloved!

Time flows endlessly.
Like that of a river.

I should trace the river of time,
Back to the old pier,
Where you and I,
Lay side by side.

Then I would swallow all
My complains and grumble.

A human’s lot contented,
Lament no more!

…….

Last night I dreamt,
I was a swan,
Soaring above the mountains,
Drinking in the snow.

Bathing in the rainbow,
Feeling free again,
Feeling free again …

..........

Nice, nice :) :)

No comments: