Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Letter to a friend

To a friend who is unwell,

When you are ill, you have time. : ) : )

All the work and house work, you could put behind.....

Allow your heart to relax,
Go out, if situation permits, to look at the flowers and the trees.

Apologize to them for not appreciating their beauty (before.)

Once I wrote such a poem while talking to the flowers:

That day, my dear, I saw a flower.
And softly uttered these words to her

" You and I came down for the same purpose,

To glorify the Universal Power
and to beautify the world.

You are doing your job dutifully
I am trying hard to do mine.

Help to remind me of our common goal
That I may always keep our ideals in sight.
"

(It's wonderous what nature could teach us, isn't it?.)

When your friends come to visit you,
Allow the warmth of friendship to flow,
from the concern in your commarade's eyes, unto your heart.

When your relatives visit you,
Reconnect to those whom you have neither chance nor time to be together.
And enjoy the family togetherness.

Enjoy the company of your wife and your son,
who are ever present by your side.

When you are alone, remember to remember the Almighty.
And pray within to the Highest Power for His will to be done.

Read a nice story before you sleep,
That you may end your day, with the name of the Beloved upon your lips ....

May the blessing of the Prophets be upon you....

Enjoy a very happy and short sickness....

Get well soon.

Ever Thy friend,
Low.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like poetry, sometimes I can appreciate one or two lines, other time blank lah! Good work brother.